Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Festivus

We've had a really fun week at work.  Festivus they're calling it--something to do with a Seinfeld episode with a Festivus pole that was used to air gripes or complaints.  However, we're giving kudos to our co-workers.  At the end of the week we will draw a prop and that person wins a fun prize.

So far during morning meetings we have had a Scrooge Sleigh with a bah-humbug Santa handing out candy canes (it was a terrific use of a mailing bin in my opinion), yarn dodge ball, an ugly sweater competition, a paper snow-flake cutting party and a scavenger hunt.  I know that Friday will be the drawing and something is happening on Thursday...and who knows what we'll do tomorrow.

It's been fun.  I'd love to do something like this everyday even IF I didn't find anything or win a prize yet! :)

------

It snowed last night.  I had to go to work at 4:30 this morning well before the roads were cleared away.  I was fine, though a little bit nervous.  It's been a good long time since I've driven on anything that wasn't regular pavement or rain.

I bring you a picture of the snow on the metal bluebonnets this morning.

-----

It's cold outside.  We're getting to 7 or so tonight.  BRRR.  While the kitties are fascinated by the snow on the patio they don't want to go out there because it's really cold and icky.

-----

I'm past the heel on my second Cosmic Wonder Dust Sock.  I'm in love and can't wait to wear them.


1 comment:

  1. Festivus for the rest of us! a great seinfeld episode. Your party sounds like a blast. Frreezing here in Chicago too. ....7 degrees, wind whipping around. I hope the feral cats stay warm!

    ReplyDelete