Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Progress

I'm making good progress on my Bjork sock.  See!


The yarn is so gorgeous and the pattern so beautiful...my feet don't do it justice, but that's ok.  Tonight I'll finish the toe and have a gorgeous sock to put on one foot at least.  Then I'll start working on the second.  I truly do predict I'll get past the cuff.

My initial reaction to how quickly these are knitting up continues.  I started them on Saturday afternoon, folks...I expect to be finished this weekend.  That's pretty amazing!  Especially since, as I said yesterday, I didn't knit them all day on Sunday.  I'm not sure why, but it's pretty awesome and I'm very excited about it.

A couple of things I want to do but am kind of scared to start:

  1. the dragonfly cowl.  I've had such amazing progress on these socks that the dragonfly cowl feels like walking through quicksand.  I'm really quite close to finishing, so I should do it, but I'm finding myself dreading it.  I don't want to rip it out...I've put in so much work as it is, but really...I'm hesitant and not sure what to do at present. I'm not going to make any rash decisions, but I don't want that project to linger much longer.  I'll give it until next week and see what I can manage on Monday and Thursday nights when David's not at home.
  2. a passel of monsters for my student workers.  They are such a sweet group of kids--14 in all--and they have been so nice and supportive to me throughout this ordeal with my dad.  They even bought me a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant and gave me a giant Valentine's card (little did they know that that's what my dad did every year and that alone made me want to cry on Friday).  I want to give them something, but I fear having enough time and hand strength to get it done.  I've found a couple of, what I hope are, quick and easy monster patterns and will start and see how far it gets me.  They want me to knit them scarves and socks and other things, but that just can't happen.
SO, I have some thinking to do as I work on my Bjork sock and see how things go.  I'm considering bringing the monster knitting to do as my lunch time knitting and see how it takes me through...how many can I get done in a week, etc.  I only have March and April left to get through them, so I don't know if that's possible.  I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment