Monday, February 17, 2014

Cookie A Yarn Club

I am so glad that I asked for this yarn club for my birthday.  I think this is going to be my birthday present every year as long as it goes on.  Two patterns designed by Cookie A, some unique and beautiful yarn, and two cookie recipes.  IF I were baking cookies, I'd probably be as excited about the cookie recipes as I am about the rest of it, but that's no longer part of my life, so I'll pass those recipes along to friends and family and happily knit myself silly on these socks.

SUCH beautiful socks.  I knitted the first pair (Possibly Maybe, see this weekend's post of the finished pair) in 10 days.  That's amazing.  I'm not a fast knitter, I don't have a LOT of time to knit (what time I do have I'm usually knitting, though).  But this pattern was so beautiful and the yarn so lovely that I just knit and knit and knit until they were done.  The pattern is fairly forgiving of minor mistakes and was easy to follow.  It was so addictive because I couldn't wait to see how it turned out.

But mostly I just wanted to wear those socks.  Which I'm doing at work today with my new denim pencil skirt.  (and, yes, I propped my feet on my desk to get this shot :)  And yes, that's a bright pink Turkish bed sock on the needles)


I started the second pair of socks from the Cookie A club patterns on Saturday about 10 minutes after I finished the Possibly Maybes. This pattern is named Bjork in honor of the singer and are really quite lovely.  When I'm able to get one sock finished you'll be able to see how pretty the lace pattern is.  But for now you'll just have to admire the really cool striping that happened with this yarn. (these are not self-stripers, btw,  This is just how the colors stack...a beautiful brown and rose colored spiral).


Yarn: Tosh Sock Onesies by Madelinetosh in colorway Wilted Rose

I can hardly believe that I'm really near finishing the first sock.  I suspect that will happen tonight, or tomorrow night.  I didn't even work on them last night while watching the Olympics because the daughters were over and I didn't want to zone out when I was paying attention to the pattern. (I worked on my mitered square blanket)  Again, very quick to knit, very satisfying, and so far, only a couple of forgotten yarn overs...which I was able to figure out on the next round and correct with a knit front & back...not a perfect solution, but hey, I'm knitting for fun, and un-knitting is decidedly not fun.

I'm enjoying knitting with the Olympics this year, but I have to say I'm almost ready for them to be over so I can get back to enjoying some quiet time in the evenings to listen to my books while knitting.  I also have to say that man...Snowboard Cross is insane!  As Alyssa said, "All you have to do to win is make it to the finish line!"

No comments:

Post a Comment