Thursday, February 20, 2014

I think I made a decision

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I've made a decision...about the knitted gifts for my kids.  I could still change my mind--obviously I'm still me and always keep that option open) but maybe I won't.

I'm going to knit some tiny monsters for those kids using yarn scraps and bits of my time.  I worked on this adorable critter last night:


She took about an hour and a half to make.  David said she looks like an owl, but she has whiskers and owls don't have whiskers, so I don't know what he's talking about.  And a tail...owls don't have tails long enough to wrap around their plump little bodies.  Anyway, She's pink with turquoise eyes and she's cute as a button.

I think I'll make a bunch of little critters.  I found 3 other patterns as well and will make several of each and give them little stories and then we'll have a white elephant during our appreciation lunch/party and the students can pick for themselves which monster buddy they want.  I think it should be fun, and hopefully I can manage it...I'll be sure to keep you updated.

-------

Pearl helped me exercise last night.  It was the most fun I've had on the elliptical ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment