Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bjork 1!

I finished the first Bjork sock last night and got through the knitting of the cuff on sock 2.  I don't really like knitting cuffs, so try to get them done as soon as possible.

And I shouldn't say I don't like knitting cuffs because obviously I must if I'm on such a sock knitting rampage as I've been lately...BUT...it is a tad tedious right there at the start and I try to find ways to make it a little less so.

I wanted to show you the foot of Bjork 1. It's so lovely that I fear I made a mistake knitting up a patterned sock instead of a vanilla sock...


Did I?  I mean, look how pretty that yarn knitted in stockinette?  Did I ruin the effect by using a pattern that has depth and character?  Did it take away from the yarn or simply not add to it?  I just don't know.  Look at the front of the sock and let me know.


Because, truly, I love this sock.  It feels very comfortable on, the colors are rich and lovely, the yarn itself is super soft.  And I want to do it justice...and I think the sock is fabulous.  I probably worry for nothing.

Or I could just walk around on my tippy toes (barefooted of course) so everyone can see the spectacular feet of my socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment