Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A great way to start my day

I hope you had such a good morning as I did.  I woke up 10 minutes before my alarm and decided I might as well get out of bed because that left me 10 minutes to do something that I don't get to do in the mornings:  knit.  See, I have this sock that NEEDS to be finished and sleep is definitely getting in the way.

So, I got up and worked on it.  I'm on the "short row" part where you're basically filling in the triangle that was "skewed" and thus is empty.  Again, I'm trusting the pattern and doing what it says.  Again, it isn't hard, but my brain is slightly challenged when understanding design in 3D.  I'll get it though.

I've even figured out an easy way to remember where to stop and turn.  Simply knit until the marker, then turn, slip one stitch, knit/purl one stitch, place marker and go to the end of the needle.  Makes things remarkably easier, and I don't have to count, which means that I can enjoy being around people while working on this sock.  Simply amazing and wonderful.

I present to you  Skew as it looked last night.

 You can see how that bump that was in the picture yesterday has now disappeared around my ankle and I've worked up the leg decreasing the mini gusset on the left side of the sock.  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment