Friday, January 4, 2013

Stupid Ears

I have stupid ears.  I don't know how else to describe them.  They bother me all the time, they don't hear properly and sometimes they make me (literally) sick.

That's what they did this week...or one ear in particular.  My right one...the bad one.  It started hurting on Tuesday, clearly had fluid on Wednesday and by Thursday I was so nauseous I could barely walk or drive and it was seriously impacting my ability to hear or think straight.

Convinced that I had an infection I called the dr. to get a refill on the drops I keep on hand for emergencies like these.  They called them in, but insisted that I come in and see the dr. anyway.  The earliest possible time.

So, I had to take the day off of work today to go in and have my ear checked out.

Believe it or not, after almost 5 years, the hole in my right ear drum healed up--apparently on Tuesday because that's when I started having symptoms.  So, it's a new tube for that ear, and I already feel better...thank goodness.  And thank goodness that Becky insisted I come in and have my ear checked out because drops wouldn't have fixed this problem.


So, to help with the cheering up, here are my happy feet in the Holiday Boogie Woogie socks I finished last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment