Monday, January 21, 2013

Progress, and lots of it

This weekend I have sat on my rear and knitted...relaxed and basically thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Nothing motivates like a long weekend.

I have completed the 3rd installment in the Downton Abbey Knit-a-long I'm doing...working on a pair for both my mom and me.  Those came out nicely and I'll post a picture of mine tomorrow.

I also completed the monster booties for my friend Aaryn's baby.  I think they're adorable and they were very quick and very fun to make.

I pulled out a work in progress from a couple of months ago...a knit-a-long cowl in this delicious yarn.  I made very good progress on it while watching Downton Abbey with the girls last night. I'm hoping to finish it soon...and will then see if the buttons I bought in London will work for it and if not, then I'll need to hunt down some other buttons...I have lots in my jars, probably better than I could find in any local stores, so we'll see where this goes.

I've also been thinking about the big commission of monsters I have going...planning yarns, thinking about the people they're for and how I'll make them unique.

AND I've agreed to make a monster for my sister-in-law.  She has a very specific description of her monster and I've decided to go with it.  I have just about everything I need here to make it so will get started on that soon...I like that it's going to be uniquely hers.

No weaving to speak of...I just can't seem to make myself go in there and thread the loom.  I know I'll get over it soon but with so many knitting projects calling my name it's kind of hard.

So, it's been a great weekend, and I'm looking forward to another sunshiny day at home since we're off of work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment