Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snuggle Monster

I'm making a tiny snuggle monster blanket for my colleague whose wife is having a baby in March.  I finished the body yesterday and it's so soft and snuggly, I wish it could be mine.  I started the arms and have almost finished them.  There are legs and ears and then there will be an eye patch and a tummy patch, and I'm seriously thinking she needs something on her bum.

Here's her body



The two markers at the bottom will tell me where to pick up stitches for the tummy, so you can see where that's going to happen.  I'm going to document the daily progress on this project since it's going to actually start moving now that the body is finished.  while it didn't take a terribly long time to complete it was hard on my hands because of using the large needles.  I read about people loving to use chunky yarns because the project moves so quickly, but I find that (for me anyway) it doesn't move quickly because my hands get really tired. I'm much more suited to working on socks and small projects like that.

I'm happy that the rest of the pieces are done on one size down needles, so hopefully the rest of this will be easy-breezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment