Monday, January 14, 2013

So very very wet...

It has rained and rained and rained...for days and days and days...and promises to continue to do so for a few more days.  I'm so tired of the grey skies and the "everything's wet" feeling, and my hair sticking out in all directions.  The sun came out for about 10 minutes yesterday morning and I almost got up and danced, but I felt the clouds coming in before I even gathered up the energy to move.

It's the tired kind of dreary weather.  The kind that makes you want to snuggle up under the covers and pretend that the outside doesn't exist.  The kind that is dark in the morning when it's time to go to work and dark in the evening when you're on your way home...and dark most of the day too.  Thick sticky clouds that hover in the trees, and obscure the landscape.

It's the kind of weather that makes me long for summer...the intense heat and sunshine.  The green leaves and grass...flowers.

Anything to disturb this grey-ness.

-----

Unfortunately, last night I realized that the sock I'm working on is not going to fit my foot.  It's so pretty, too, and I hate to unknit everything, but I'm going to, at minimum, have to go back to before the heel because there is no gusset...and when I tried this on this morning I actually felt discomfort at the top of my foot...I thought maybe it was because of the needles that were still in, but I looked carefully and I think it would just plain be too tight.

So, here's a picture before I go operate.  Hopefully I'll simply be able to pull back to right before I started the heel...if not, well...I'll have to rip it all out and start over.  I think I'll continue with this pattern, but maybe not.  We'll see.

The yarn is "flat feet" by Conjoined Creations.  They knit up plain sock yarn into a flat, hand paint it, and then you pull it off and knit it.  It makes for an awesome looking result and is quite fun to work from.


No comments:

Post a Comment