Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And we're off!

2013 is official!  It's time for new beginnings and to think about ways we can improve on who we became last year.  Everyone's making resolutions, thinking about their past, their future, and what they want to accomplish in the next 12 months.  Goals are set.

We eat our black-eyed peas and whatever other foods needed for good luck, health and prosperity, and then sit back and see if we can live up to these new expectations.

And for me, many of those things hold true.  I'm definitely reflective as the new year passes.  I think about thing I could have (should have???) done differently last year, and try to set some reasonable goals for myself in this new year.  I hope I can live up to my expectations.

In this new year, I plan to knit more, weave more, maybe pick back up the piano, exercise and be more proactive in the life that's going on around me (whatever that means!).  I hope to blog almost every day, and try to be more creative when the opportunities come my way.

--------

And on that vein, I appreciate your patience as I wound out the end of 2012.  We had a very busy couple of weeks and then all I wanted to do was sit by myself and be quiet for a bit.  I managed to weave some towels (pics below), start another set of towels, and knit a pair and a half of socks.  I finished up Alyssa's London hat minutes before I went to sleep before leaving on our trip.  Alyssa graduated (yea!).  We had a fabulous time in London! (double yea!!!) and we bought and had installed an elliptical trainer in the house for that whole exercise goal I set.

--------

Pictured above is the towels and napkins that I made for Aaryn's mom, Penny.  They are in muted Christmas colors of honey, gold, greens and burgundy.  I used a random number generator to determine the stripe pattern in both the warp and the weft for what turns out to be a very different looking napkin and towel for each item.  I love working in this type of pattern. I  think it's uniquely "me" (my style, mark, or whatever) and, in my opinion, truly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment