Friday, January 25, 2013

Monsters and more Monsters!

Have I mentioned that I'm really having fun making knitted monsters?  Who knew I had it in me.  At my crafting group last night (we call ourselves the Crafty Vixens after this lovely wine we used to drink.  Apparently you can't get it in the states anymore which is very sad indeed), I was finishing up the first in the set that has been ordered.

The first one is made for a "red head" so I gave her red hair in the form of i-cord sticking out of the top of her head.  How cute and fun was that.  It sealed up the top just as snugly as any bind-off would and it's adorable.  No seaming either.  I just transferred 4 stitches at at time to a double point needle and made a short i-cord that I bound off.

By the way, this is the first i-cord I've ever made and I have to say that not only was it deceptively easy, it looks pretty cool, and like turning the heel of a sock, is a bit of magic.  I want to toy around with the process and see if I can get it to curl a little...

I'm not going to show the entire monster finished until I have the set, the person who has ordered it has given them to her friends, and she has given me permission...but I don't think little bits and pieces of the monsters will give away too much.  So, here is the first monster body with her bright red hair!


I think I love her, btw!

No comments:

Post a Comment