Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Yesterday I squealed

So, at the end of my shift yesterday I was one of the crankiest persons around.  I didn't want to see or talk to people, I just wanted to crawl into my apartment and pretend that I existed in a vacuum and that when I did finally venture out all the people in the world would be nice and pleasant and fun to be around.

(Like the characters in Julia Quinn's novels.  I decided that she lives in a wonderful writerly world.  I need to create one like that for myself.)

So, I checked my mail on the way home and was beginning to realize that the crankiness...was really the harbinger of a real bonafide migraine...and one that if I didn't nip it in the bud was going to lay me low for at least a day and I did not want to miss work...

SO, I got in the apartment, took a cocktail of every medication I could think of, drank a BIG cup of coffee and settled in to wait this one out.

At some point I walked into the kitchen and remembered that I'd checked the mail and in it were 2 packages of my yarn club.  I opened my Vesper yarn and marveled at the gorgeous self-striping loveliness (I really must just sit and knit socks for about 300 days straight).

But then, I opened the other package.  Which was a totally impulse purchase back in October.  I was sucked in by the advertising in the Sparks stitch markers that I'm pleasantly addicted to (seriously, I have every set that has been "special" at JBW).  This club is focused on the novels by Diana Gabaldon, her Outlander series, which I loved and have read several times over.  I was excited to join this one, but that was October and it was an impulse and honestly I know nothing else about the Among Friends people except that I liked Outlander and the other yarn clubs looks totally cool and awesome and I would get a project bag, a set of stitch markers (I did mention that addiction didn't I) and YARN...oh and patterns to if I wanted to use them.

So, it was with mixed feelings that I opened that package.  Excitement about a new club but not really holding much expectations.  And then...I squealed.  Out loud in the middle of a migraine.  It was a bad idea but I couldn't help myself and I squealed again when I saw the project bag...and then...seriously...giggled outloud and squealed again when I pulled out the stitch markers.  It was at this point that I was sure my head was going to fall off my neck, but I would die a very happy woman clutching my first shipment from Among Friends.

----

And for those of you out there without any compulsion about having many WIPs...you know what an empty project bag means, right?  MUST CAST ON, so I found just the right project and did just that.

I'm happy today...and starting my weekend by watching some Downton Abbey Season 5, knitting my new cowl and drinking a glass or so of wine (and yes, I'm even using the stitch markers even though I don't necessarily need to...it's the Outlander book!  How could I not???)

No comments:

Post a Comment