Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Book Thoughts

Kathy asked for a book recommendation...I'm assuming she means a knitting/crochet book...so we'll go from there.

I honestly think that anything by Ann Budd is worth getting your fingers on.  She has such a way of expressing patterns and ideas and she is very talented at providing "templates" from which to work.

If you like humor, read Mason and Dixon Knitting.  Wonderful ideas for how to use yarn the way you want to use yarn.   Plus it's funny and fun.

Clara Parkes is simply amazing.  Enough said.  Knitter's Book of Yarn, Knitter's Book of Wool, Knitter's Book of Sock Yarn.  Buy all three.  Once upon a time I was going to knit through the entire Knitter's Book of Wool...Life has intervened.  I do hope to get back to it at some point.

I'm an avid collector of magazines.  I subscribe to Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Interweave Crochet, Crochet Scene, Knit Scene, For the Love of Knitting, Knit Simple and Piecework.  I gather up special editions that I think are interesting (Downton, Jane Austen).  So far I haven't made many things from them.  I like looking at the pictures and dreaming.

------

Kathy, if you meant a funny cat book, buy "I Knead My Mommy and other poems by kittens."    I haven't laughed so hard in a long time...in fact, Pearl wondered what was up with me!



2 comments:

  1. Wow lady, you are a serious fiber head! I have cut myself off from the magazines and books, though I'm thinking I might have to pick up an Elizabeth Zimmerman for my shelf. I just don't seem to reuse things as I hoped. Space is limited. Time is limited. I think I need to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie I don't own one Clara Parkes book. I think i'd like the sock yarn one.
    I have so many knit Magazines from about 10 years ago. Want them? Im happy to send them your way!!!
    and the cat poetry...well I simply must expand my horizons!

    ReplyDelete