Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Power

So much of the work I've been doing with my therapist has been about owning and realizing my own power.  Understanding my worth and realizing the rightness of being treated...well...right. (morally, ethically, honestly..., you know, right!)

Valuing yourself, owning your worth, expecting others to respect that...it's amazing how much that carries over into every single thing that you do...all aspects of your life.

It's been amazing to me how it's affected relationships as well as my ability to be alone.  I'm starkly reminded how different my life is than it was just a few months ago and how ridiculously happy I am about that.

Seriously, folks, sometimes I run around grinning and being all goofy...and it's just amazing.

------

I read the first couple of bits from my "in the beginning" book...stuff I wrote just in the past couple of weeks. It's powerful.  Seriously, amazingly powerful.

And it scares me to death.  I could share this with people--in fact I need to share this with people--but in doing so I rip myself open.

Talk about being vulnerable.  I don't know where or when I'll find the courage, but I know that I will find the courage.

I know that in finding the courage, I will be a light that others can use to see the way out of whatever darkness they're experiencing.  and that makes me feel good...to know that my experiences can help others, that in finding my own strength I can help others find theirs.

------

Today's picture is of the hexagons stacked up for the crochet blanket.  I'm still having to redo the outer ring on the ones I'd done incorrectly...but they're coming along...


1 comment: