Friday, January 30, 2015

All you have to do is believe!

I believed, and I set aside some time, and I watched some tv and darn if I didn't finish the Frank Pedestrian Cowl:


While there are buttons, they don't actually work.  I was very disappointed in the teeny tiny button hole that was created by following the directions.  I probably should have ripped back and put in simple YO K2tog button holes, but I didn't.  I reckoned that I'd probably never want it opened so left it as it.

I immediately slipped it over my head and was embraced in a warm super soft cashmere hug.  Life is indeed good.

Buttons are from my stash.  I thought about something retro and sparkly but these with their right angles and straight line grains were really the perfect thing to spruce it up without taking away from the gorgeousness that is this cowl.

I can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow...and no, I'm not blocking it first.  I'm a rebel, but you knew that right?
-----

On to the next yarn club:  Dragonfly yarn with a pattern from Cookie A from last year.  Double dipping is fine by me...AND I get to knit a Cookie A  pattern in some gorgeous yarn...I believe there's more cashmere in my future, but I'll have news and pictures tomorrow.

Happy weekend everybody. Mine is on its downward slide, but that's ok.  It's been good and restful and just the thing I needed to help get me back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment