Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sitting Side by Side

For those of you who know me and David, you'll know that though we've been married for almost 23 years, we are still kind of sappy, romantic and touchy.  We like holding hands.  He rubs my back and neck or shoulders when we're sitting together on the couch.  We thoroughly enjoy spending time together and spend more time together with each other than we do with any other people out there.  I can't imagine going out on weekends and doing something that he isn't also doing.  It would seem crazy because I so enjoy the time we spend together.

We also tend to do major life-things together, like going on this journey to lose weight.  We have started diet after diet together and succeeded and failed together.  We are rocking the Ideal Protein diet, and I'm so happy to say that we are.  I haven't felt better in years and years.  And I can't remember when I last fit into regular sized pants (1993 maybe?).  I have weighed less than I currently do, but I didn't fit into regular sized pants at the time.

This last fact tells me a couple of things: 1) I'm losing more size (fat) than weight which is really awesome because 2) that means that I'm keeping my muscle mass which is a really good and necessary thing.

I still don't have the extra energy in the day to exercise.  I will definitely start that after we're done losing the weight and add more calories to our diet, but for now, I'm losing continually each week (and so is David) and feeling great and loving life.

I wanted to share this picture with you of me and David in our oversized chair.  We've never fit in it sitting side-by-side and now we do.  A perfect emblem of our life and journey together.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your continued success in love and health.

    ReplyDelete