Wednesday, May 2, 2012

36 and 59

...those are the number of days until the 20th Thornton Thimblers' Quilt Bee and my trip to Switzerland!  And I'm very excited.

As you know, I've been working diligently on all my gifts for my game.  I picked up THE GRAND PRIZE gift last night.  And let me say that it doesn't have anything to do with bananas, and isn't yellow.  In fact, I may have to change my "yellow" game to include some pinks and greens...and creams, and a little bit of blue.  I'm so proud of this gift and it kills me that I can't show you a picture, but that would ruin all the surprise and fun of my game, so I'll just tell you that I'm very very proud of it.

In fact, I brought it to work this morning to show everyone and decided on the way here that I'll just leave it here, in my office, until we leave for the bee.  That way I'll get to enjoy it for a few weeks (36 days minus weekends and holidays to be exact) before it goes off to its rightful owner, and my daughters can't see it...it's way to big to hide.  In the meantime, I'll be thinking of each person at the bee and how they'll enjoy being "the last" in my game.

And in celebration of the 59 days until Switzerland, today's picture was taken from our hotel room...as David laid down for a nap he realized that THAT view is not something you see every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment