Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sing along with me!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I have had the song in my head all morning...lalalalalalalala.......

I was thinking of being really clever and writing new lyrics, but I've been crazy busy all morning with orientation and haven't had time to be clever, BUT I'm singing the song in my head all the while.  I'm a little worried people are going to look at me funny because I'm going to say something and they aren't going to "get it."

But it is.  The most wonderful time of the year!

BECAUSE.....(drum roll, drummer boy named Ted)...

THE 21ST ANNUAL THORNTON THIMBLERS QUILT BEE STARTS TODAY!

And around 3:30 or so I'll be on the road heading that way.  I'm so excited.

Because you know what.  I have a wonderful family that I love being around and enjoy so much spending time with them.  The bee has done so many things for me that I can't help but singing along:

it's the most wonderful time of the year!


Back in 2009 I won this quilt.  I cried when I won it. You can't see it in this picture but my eyes were all red rimmed and teary.  It is a truly special quilt, and me winning it was truly special.  This year Elizabeth might win, or she might not.

If she doesn't, she's dancing in a coconut bra and grass skirt.  And really and truly...I hope she doesn't win it this year because THAT's something I want to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment