Friday, January 6, 2012

Yesterday I Talked about Weaving...

...to a group of people who knew nothing about it.  Now, they WERE my student workers, but they did act interested and seemed to learn quite a bit about it, so it was fun and very rewarding.  I could have gone on for hours.

There were pictures taken but they are awful.  The lighting was weird and the flash didn't work, so I won't share them here.

I'm a little panicked becuase I have company this weekend and don't know when I'll be able to weave or knit.  I have a whole foot left to do on the sock and I desperately want to put it on and see how it looks and if it fits and all that jazz. I'm having dreams about it being finished.

I also really want to weave everyday, but I think that Pearl has learned the phrase "I'm about to go weave" because that's exactly when she comes and curls up on my feet and I can't possible send her away.

Today's photo from the studio is a really cool one.  It's the view from the apron and into the cloth beam underneath the front of the loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment