Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Efforts

In the effort to make things happen and direct my energies towards the things I love, we have decided to put better lighting in my studio.  It's not really a studio but I like to think of it that way and it makes my time spent in there feel more purposeful.  However, because I am at work or traveling to work from 7-5 everyday, I don't get in there until nighttime so it's always dark.  Today the contractor came by to assess for new lighting.  Very exciting.  There will be more than sufficient light for me to do any task.  I can't wait for everything to be complete.

I'm also putting forth effort to knit at work.  20 minutes of knitting at work isn't a lot, but it does take some edge off of the stress and helps rekindle my energy and interest in my project.  Plus, as my Grandma Thornton taught me, little bits of work towards a goal makes the task much less arduous.

Today's picture features, Pearl.  It was taken last year, probably March or April, so she's still a kitten.  She was sitting on some yarn that I was about to wind into a ball.  She looks a little sinister, but she does in pictures. I don't know why, maybe it's her big nose.

1 comment: