Friday, January 20, 2012

Let there be light!

Yesterday the contractor finished working in my studio!  There is now beautiful lighting at all the work areas...it's amazing.  I wish I'd done this sooner.  Yes, David, I wish I'd listened to you and done this sooner.  I can't wait to get everything moved back to its proper place and get working.

Last night after waffling a bit and playing with some yarns, I decided that I really do want to get back to knitting the sweater I started last year.  I have quite a bit already knit on the back and it's so soft and pretty.  And after my success at making socks, I figure I'd better try knitting a sweater.  I could seriously be in trouble if I get addicted to knitting those too!  Anyway, it's pretty easy so far.  No major patterning to worry about.  I'm just focusing on getting the pieces made so I can construct...and hopefully not be too embarrassed to wear!  If I get into this, maybe I can start making all my tops: weaving fabric and finding attractive patterns and actually sewing.  I'd never really considered it before, but why not...it's something to think about.

Today's photo from the studio is a pretty patterned alpaca and wool scarf.  I sold this to my friend who found the wool scratchy, so I commissioned it. 

Also, I've been thinking about Grandma a good bit lately.  It's weird how I will start thinking about her on my drive to work and then one of the gospel songs by Brad Paisley will play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment