Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Second Big Secret and Traveling

I'm happy to report that the Second Big Secret Project was finished last night.  I'm so relieved.  I didn't really worry that I was going to finish it in time, but I certainly didn't want to be holding off just because I wasn't pressured.

So, that means that I now have loads of time to get all my Little Secrets finished before the bee...at least I hope so.

But, before I start all that, I have to get ready to go on my beach vacation.  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the beach vacation...how much it's going to help my peace of mind...how much it's going to help me relax, focus, and regenerate.  So, I won't try, but just imagine how nice it'll be when I'm there soaking up some sun, listening to the waves and breathing in that cleansing beach air (I read somewhere that the levels of oxygen at the beach are much higher than elsewhere, so it really is cleansing to the body).

On that note, I have to "get ready" to travel.  This takes lots of planning and preparation because I'm going to spend essentially 5 days with nothing to do.  Poor planning will lead to boredom, and I'm awfully cranky when I'm bored.

And "getting ready" to travel means that I have to get all my knitting projects lined up and prepped (in the case of the sweater I'm going to start that means winding off hanks of yarn because I won't have a swift at the beach).  I have to make sure that I have all the proper tools to work with so I have to go through the patterns to check things off...and most importantly I have to have a couple of extra project in case the one I intend to focus on is a flop.  Busy busy I have been the past couple of days.  Tonight I'll pack my knitting bag...the clothes, eh.  Not so important.

Today's photo is of the scarf that I showed on the loom yesterday.  If you look closely at the weave structure you can see that it has relaxed, the pattern is more "tight" and crisp, and the drape looks very soft and comfortable.  It's one of my favorite designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment