Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Projects I Hate

On this really weary Tuesday I want to talk about projects I hate.  This doesn't happen often, but sometimes I get into a project and I realize that I hate it.  I mean really truly hate it.  I have to put it away not look at it or think about it for a while and then pull it out again only to work on it for a short time and remember that yep, I really truly hate that project.

Currently I have 2 projects on the needles that I hate, ironically out of the same yarn, that I love.  It's Polaris by Rozetti.  I don't want to talk bad about this yarn because it's gorgeous.  Squishy soft, beautifully colored, plus it has sequins all over it and they are unbelievable.  I'm going to end up with a matching hat and scarf that will be pretty darn spectacular!

IF I can ever get over the fact that I hate the projects and move on with it.

I can't tell you exactly why I hate these projects, I just do.  Plain and simple.  Every time the bag that houses them comes up as my project to work on, I inwardly groan, and go for 30 minutes and no more and then put it away until the next time I have to work on it (and yes, I said HAVE to work on it).

I've experienced this other times.  Sometimes I determine that I hate the project so much that I rip it out (or cut it out of the loom if that's the case).  Sometimes I trudge along a little at a time and just get through it.  Sometimes I find that after a while I don't hate the project any more but come to appreciate all the work that I've put into it.

But, for whatever reason, this hat is driving me crazy.  I'm even "stretching" it to see if I have enough yet to start decreasing for the crown.  And I know that next year, when it's finished, and I'm staying a fancy matching hat and scarf set, I'm going to be so proud and only remember slightly how much I hated knitting this business...but until then...I must trudge along.


No comments:

Post a Comment