Monday, April 8, 2013

Get Ready...Get Set...

...no "go" yet, but I'm mentally getting ready and set for moving back to the house.  The contractor hopes to have everything finished by next Friday...that's two weeks.  Then we can get in, clean everything up and have the movers, hopefully, "set" to "go" the first weekend of May.

How exciting would that be!?!?

And in the mental game of getting prepped, I've been thinking again about how to move the loom.  It was a very stressful thing for me to move to the apartment, but I'm so glad I did.  I had really lost touch with my weaving, finding it difficult to weave during the week, but with my forced blank weekends, I have found lots of time on Saturday and Sunday and find that I can make good progress on things if I am dedicated to working on them over the weekend.  This is good to know...

My plan is to have all my projects finished when it is time to move and to put a false warp in the loom to hold the shafts steady so that they'll transport just fine.  And for that reason, I need quick-to-work projects, so I'll be making a lot of scarves from this point forward.

I started Art Box #2...well, I've designed it.  I have a lovely grey scarf in the loom right now.  The picture of the yarns I'm going to use are below.  I've decided to mimic the red and black plaid in her dress but include the blue and cream from the table to help make it a little more feminine.  I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate the blue and cream...I have some ideas, but we'll see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment