Friday, February 8, 2013

Count Down

We're counting down here at the office.  At this moment there are 21 minutes left in my work day...and we have a long weekend ahead of us, so it's kind of hard to have 21 minutes left in my work day.

BUT there are actually 2 students up here studying.  I really can hardly believe it because there is almost never 2 students up here studying at 3:39 on Friday afternoon, much  less the Friday before a long weekend.

The long weekend we have in front of is for Mardi Gras.  I remember moving here thinking it rather funny that we had Mardi Gras off.  One year they tried to put our spring break during the week of Mardi Gras.  While it was nice to have a week off, it was too early for Spring Break and no one liked it, so we have never done that since.  So, next week we have 2 days off and then in a month we'll have a week off for spring break.

Interestingly enough I put countdowns for all of the holidays on my countdown app on my phone when the semester began.  We have a number of holidays during the spring semester, so it gives me something to look forward to.  There are 18 minutes until Mardi Gras Holiday, 29 days until spring break, 49 days until good Friday and 97 days until my vacation.  I'm looking forward to every single one of those days off of work.

-----

I don't have any new knitting projects to share for today.  Instead I'm going to share a picture of a lovely Lochi lounging on a blanket I bought in Ireland.  This blanket, in case you can't tell, is a mama blanket.  All the kitties love it and will lick it if I leave it out, so I have to put it up when I go to bed.  But it brings them all great comfort if they're feeling low.  While we don't know how much longer we'll have this sweet girl kitty, we do know her days are numbered.  So, it makes me happy to see her so enjoying herself in this picture. I hope you enjoy it too.

p.s. there are 14 min left.

No comments:

Post a Comment