Monday, April 16, 2012

Hello Real World...I'm pretty sure I don't like you

So, over the weekend, I discovered that my new-found love of coffee isn't really all that much of a love relationship.  Don't get me wrong, I love coffee...it just doesn't love me.  Or that's what I'm presuming.  I've removed it from my morning routine as of this morning.  And so far, my tummy isn't complaining.

And I miss it.  I know it's only been one day but I think it helps me be in a better mood...and I need something to help me be in a better mood today because I'm annoyed with the world (apparently!)

But I'm not going to dwell on the negative because this blog really is about focusing on the good things and how being a crafter makes me a happier, better person, so I'm going to talk about the weekend.

...which was absolutely wonderful.

I finished banana pudding, started and finished straight-up banana, AND I started green bananas this morning.  Plus I knitted until my hands were sore on my sweater (picture below).

This weekend, I was in a great mood, enjoyed my time creating, came up with new projects and ideas, and feel in general like I'm about to explode with goodness and happyness in my crafting.  I long for more time in my studio and wish that I could spend my day crafting in one way or another.  I got to looking at my cross stitch and needlepoint projects and thought about how I've been neglecting them.  I'm trying to figure out how to find more time to work on them because I truly do miss them...but short of not sleeping, I can't seem to figure that part out.  I'm feeling very impatient with my desire to make things.

And this is a good thing because I feel like I'm finally coming out of the fog I've been in for the past year or so.  Keep your fingers crossed that it holds.

Today's picture is of the sweater I'm knitting.  I made considerable progress yesterday and hope to have the front finished this week.  Then there are two "butterfly" type sleeves and then sewing the whole thing together. That's the part that concerns me, but I'll deal with it when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment