Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Distractions

We're full of distractions lately.  And when I want to craft, even the "required" distractions are very annoying.  All I want to do is knit or weave and I have 100 other things to do.  Yesterday I spent the entire day talking about how I was going to go home and work on my weaving only to come to the realization on the way home that I had to go home and do the bills.

That took a while. 

The other distraction last night was that my dinner wasn't completely thawed so it was a great disappointment.  I just had a potato...which I ate while paying the bills. I do not LOVE this life of bachelorette-hood.

Then there was the need to drive to the PO and the bank to take care of all the money that had to go out and switch accounts.  I realized that while I'm out I should go ahead and get some groceries so I did that. 

All of this to say that last night was distracted beyond my desires and I got very little knitting done.  No weaving.  And that was disappointing.

Tonight my daughters are trying to distract me with the promise of interesting food and conversation.  I have a sneaking suspicion that they also want to distract themselves from having to do their homework...but I'm going to be strong tonight and end the distractions early enough to get some weaving done. I must make progress or my "yellow" elephant will not be all I'm hoping it will be.

Today's picture is of my main distraction when I'm weaving.  Pearl, who is scared of loud noises, sits peacefully beside my loom while I'm banging away, purring and totally enjoying herself.  Here she is playing inside the paper that has dropped off of the warp beam as I've been weaving.  Too adorable that kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment