Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I'm in a bit of a pickle...

...those of you who love knitting will completely understand my conundrum.

I have two projects that I want to start.  Right now.  Well, right as soon as I'm finished with the mate to this sock (which will happen tonight/this afternoon)


I want to start the second Cookie A pattern...it's gorgeous and I bought some turquoise Anzula Squishy to go with it.

But I also want to start a cowl in one of the next JBW microbrews.  I can't tell you about it specifically because it isn't an active yarn but it's beautiful and I love it and I want to make something with it right now.

I know I could start both and go back and forth, but I'm really enjoying my socks and I LOVE getting deep into a Cookie A pattern.  But the yarn...the yarn is talking to me.  Singing to me.  BEGGING me to knit it.

OH, poo!  I really don't know what to do!!!!!

----

I started working in Backorders/Receiving today. Rachel says I'm a natural.  It was fun and I'm looking forward to learning some more tomorrow!  Lauren gave me a hug and everyone seemed happy that I was there.  Makes me feel good.

-----

And honestly, I've realized that I'm soul satisfied.  Sure there are some things I want in my life, but I'm ok as I am and they will only ADD TO what I have.  Because you know what?  If it's something that's going to take away from where I am, I'm not going to have anything to do with it.

How's that for boundaries for you?  This, from a girl who just over 6 months ago really couldn't identify what boundaries were and was terrified of enforcing them because people would run away from her.  But you know what's happened instead?  People are attracted.  They want to know me and you know what?  That's a pretty awesome feeling!

Soul satisfied.  It's truly remarkable!

1 comment: