Saturday, March 14, 2015

A 2014 Yarn Club Yarn

Since I've declared 2015 the "year of the yarn club" I'm trying to knit all the club yarns that come in relatively close to when they arrive and then knit some old things as I'm waiting on the new stuff.  The Cookie A patterns (and yarn!) were fabulous and I had a few days waiting for the next shipment to come in so I started this one...I think it was from August or June of 2014...definitely hideous summer time...heck it could have been October, but I don't know.

It's Outlander Themed...The yarn is called Stone Circle and is in the Traveler base that Dragonfly Fibers carries.  It's beautiful knitted and that beauty is helping me get through the pattern...which I don't hate but I don't love either.  Maybe I will one day.  But as the shawl grows and the rows get ever longer, I'm just hoping that I finish it before I quit it...

I think I will.

Here it is about 8 repeats in.  I have 11 before starting the border, and I almost finished repeat 9 before going to bed last night...maybe I can get through repeat 10 tonight.  That should give me the motivation to keep trucking along...


As I'm knitting on it I'm glad that it's mostly neutral in tone and that I'll have something that will indeed be a neutral colored accessory.  I find I don't have many of those since I gravitate towards bright happy colors most of the time.

-----

I finished watching Grantchester yesterday.  What a wonderful show.  I do hope they make a follow-up season.  I so thoroughly enjoyed this one.

-----

I'm attempting to re-read The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood.  I loved it when I read it the first time so suggested it for our start-up JBW bookclub...but...I'm struggling to read.  Still don't have the proper attention span for reading, even the easy stuff (and this isn't an easy book).  One day I will, but for now, I get through a few pages at a time.

-----

I went to see Cinderella at the movie theater last night.  That was fun and enjoyable and highly recommended if you like the fairy tale (Disney version).

1 comment:

  1. I like your shawl!! very pretty. Neutrals kind of bore me as a project but when they are done they WORK with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete