Friday, March 27, 2015

I never know what day of the week it is

One of the weird things about working in a business that is open 7 days a week is that only a few have a M-F schedule.  Many of us work different schedules, don't have 2 days in a row off, or something along those lines.

I work Saturday through Wednesday right now.  So, when everyone comes to work and says "ugh it's such a Monday," all I can think is "it's Wednesday, right"

And on Wednesday when it's my Friday I'm so happy and tell everyone when I leave "see you next week" because it's MY weekend...well, that's just weird, too.

And on Friday when I'm relaxing or doing errands or doing whatever I used to do on Sundays I read all these posts on Facebook about everyone talking about it being Friday and looking forward to having their weekend...and I'm thinking "but my "Monday" is tomorrow.

It's right confusing, I tell you.

And I really usually have absolutely no idea what day of the week it is.  Good thing I'm good about marking the days off of my calendar because I think I'd forget even worse.

-----

Today, as in just a few minutes ago, I put this beauty on the blocking mats.


Pattern: Lunaris
Yarn: Yummy by Miss Babs in colors Lagoon and Pool--March 2015 colors to represent Sri Lanka on the 2015 Miss Babs Knitting Tour.

I loved knitting with this yarn.  The dye is gorgeous and the two colors are so special and wonderful.  I'm going to see if I have enough left to make a pair of fraternal socks...and if so those will be cast on this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow your shawl is beautiful. Im a big fan of BLUE.
    Having worked weekends and holidays and such for 30 years as I nurse, I had no idea what the normal folk live like. Now, Its is very fun NOT To work on weekends and holidays!
    There was a joy in working with good friends who also had to keep an odd schedule .. It bonded us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work a 4 on 2 off schedule ... so its not even the same days I have off weekly. AND sometimes we do swaps with co workers ... I REALLY never know what day of the week it is :o) Lovely shawl, great colors!!

    ReplyDelete