Friday, August 29, 2014

The happy spot

You know that place...the one you go when you feel really good about yourself or your decision or just because you feel like it.  The happy spot.  The one where you can pause, look about you and say, "yep, I did the right thing and it feels really good."  For me that was always my spot on the couch with my knitting all around me, my glass of wine on the end table next to me and something nice and calming on the tv...or just music...or sometimes nothing.

Unfortunately I don't have a happy spot here at the apartment yet.  I like my chair--trust me when I say that it's a million times better than the floor--but my makeshift Ottoman (paper box with a fluffy pillow on top) leaves a lot to be desired and the "sprawl" factor just ain't happening.  I'd LOVE to have a big comfy bed to curl up in right now and read for a bit...but the air mattress is what I've got to sleep on and it doesn't invite "curling up."

Right now I'd really love a happy spot...the one where I could sit back and reflect on everything I've done this month...on how I've turned something really crummy into something positive...that's for me...that will allow me to grow and develop and learn to love and cherish myself.

But...

...

At least Pearl found her happy spot!


Happy long weekend everyone.  I'll be pulling yarn orders at work...and couldn't be happier about it!

2 comments:

  1. IM going to buy something a jimmy beans just so YOU can pull it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Pearl. She's got her happy spot for sure. Yours is around the corner as you get settled, and yours sounds awfully a lot like mine, hehe

    ReplyDelete