Sunday, June 29, 2014

Special exhibits

One of the best things about London is that many of the museums are free.  They'll have a few paid-for special exhibits but the rest is for you to wander around I for as long as you like.  I like this because, honestly, museums are exhausting.  That slow walk through crowds, peering, preening, and reading.    So, if you want to go see one specific thing, you can just walk into any museum, go to that thing, and leave. One hour and nothing wasted.

Unfortunately, those special exhibits never (as in ever) allow you to take photos...so, unfortunately all the wonderful wedding dresses and haute Italian couture I saw today will live forever in my brain but not my camera.

I walked back to my hotel from the Victoria & Albert...probably 2 miles.  Through some beautiful neighborhoods.  Those are the pics I'm sharing today.

1 comment: