Thursday, August 27, 2015

Saturday, one year ago

Well, one year ago Saturday I will have worked at Jimmy Beans for one whole year.  In that time I've learned to pull yarn, find yarn, pack yarn, ship yarn, count yarn, talk to customers on the phone, email customers, receive yarn, input yarn into the system, put really cool attributes into our database, conduct different kinds of audits, work with an amazing group of people.

I've met new people, been amazed by customers, felt so welcomed and part of this wonderful family that is Jimmy Beans.

I have found the space and time to look deep into myself and learn who I am and what I want from life.

I've made some wonderful friends.

I've gained some serious levels of confidence.

I'm happy in a way I've never been happy before.

When I look at that scared me that started at Jimmy Beans Saturday one year ago...I see a woman who was afraid of men, afraid to talk to someone, afraid to do much of anything but not having much choice.  A woman who dug in deep and said to herself that she mattered enough to do the hard stuff and get right.  A woman who learned that hardest of lessons (at least for me!) that you can't give of yourself until you truly love yourself and once you truly love yourself, the gifts are endless...and the gifts come back in multiples.

----

And something I've done a lot of this past year is start projects.  The latest on my needles is a shawl from Curls using our microbrew called Knit Night (by Sweet Fiber and it's amazing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment