Monday, March 3, 2014

Visiting and old friend

I had some quiet time on Saturday and decided to bring out the Dragonfly Cowl again.  I also decided to make a second copy of the chart so that I could just mark through all stitches as I did them.  I found this was much better for me and kept me from getting lost of feeling overly frustrated.  I have one more round of the dragonfly and then it'll just be the scales and then the ribbing.  I should crank this out by the end of the day tomorrow, hopefully.  Isn't it lovely?


I can't wait to block it and see how lovely the colorwork evens out.  It's very exciting seeing this one almost finished.

I finished Skew on Saturday morning!


That was one week start to finish.  Wow.

And to round out the yarn club, I pulled out my Rockin Sock Club yarns and patterns, went through and weeded out the patterns I know I don't want to do and then started a pair of socks that I decided I hated.  It was a twisted rib pattern and after 11 rows of 1x1 ribbing, I decided that I didn't want to do that any longer, so I just decided that was the cuff and started working in stockinette.  Only problem was that the sock was going to be too big, so it all got ripped out.

I had a lot of anxiety finding  just the right pattern to do, and finally settled on the hat that I wanted to make around Christmas time.  I've started the brim...and while it's 1x1 seed stitch, I'm not hating it like I did the ribbing...because I know it'll end soon?  I'm not sure, but the hat is lovely and I can't wait to get a little more work done on it to show you a picture.

And if you're keeping tabs, that's 2 pairs of Cookie A sock patterns completed, one in the club yarn, 1 Vesper socks completed (October 2013 colorway), the dragonfly cowl ALMOST finished and the RSC hat started in yarn from September 2013.

After I get these done?  I'm not really sure.  I think I'd like to whittle down my club yarns from Vesper and RSC, so that may be an idea.  Or maybe I'll pull out some of those WIPs that have been ignored for a while.  If I focus on them like I've focused on these, I'll maybe finish a few things off...it's definitely a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment