Thursday, July 25, 2013

So very tired

I think I've used that title before--so very tired--but things this past week (and probably last) have truly worn me out.  I could put my head on my desk and take a nap but I fear not being able to wake up again.

I know I'm not thinking clearly and can only hope that I'm not giving bad advice to all the students I've been working with.

Today I want to share with you a scarf that I'm working on.  I call it "improv" because I have (sort of) made this one up as I've gone along.  The stripes were determined using a deck of cards.  I wound the warp until I ran out of red yarn--thus I let the project be as wide as it ended up being.

Then I decided to thread it so that the red diagonal stripes would go in the opposite direction as the grey and black, creating an interesting wave pattern.  This decision was made up as I sat down to start threading.  I really like the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment