Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's a Monster Mash!

Before I get to the monster mash, I have to indulge in a little selfish prattling.

Last night I was just about done for.  The stress of the past 6 weeks, the seeming never ending string of bad news, the overwhelming frustration I'm feeling at work, and what came across as a negative meeting with my weight-loss coach drove me to want to just sit and cry.  Not in the healthy "getting over it" kind of way, but in the "I feel sorry for myself" kind of way.

And, as I was laying down to go to sleep, I was thinking that for the 7th day in a row now, I've had a difficult time thinking about my gratitude.  I was feeling sorry for myself and thinking that not one good thing had happened that day (not true) and that darnit I might just have to go to sleep without being grateful.  And then I had the urge to check my e-mail one more time and I got a wonderful message from Aunt Betty, that seriously made my life better.

It reminded me that despite everything, I can manage to reach out and touch people with my craft.  That, in doing so, I can put a grin on their face and make them genuinely happy--and that the only way I can do things like that is if I make myself get happy.

Thank you Betty.  You scooped me up just when I needed it and you didn't even know I needed it just that very moment!

Then, this morning, I opened my e-mail to find pictures galore of the Monster Mash...and oh, how I smiled and grinned and was so happy that I almost knitted my thumb off!  What a return on my time!  That a few yards of string could be turned into such joy is truly alchemy!

You remember the monsters, right?  I never divulged who they were for, and now you know.  Aunt Betty asked me to make them for her friends the Middle Creek 6 and she gave them to them last night at her "Monster Mash."  Each person opened her monster, read the description of it and laughed and giggled.  They all look so proud in the group photo, but the one that struck me the most out of all of the photos is the photo below--the one of the monsters looking a little...well...like they drank more of the Dos Equis than they should have.  It's adorable and I honestly believe they had as much fun as their namesakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment