Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ravellenics, Day 6, How Proud I am

Just look at that face...is that the face of a proud, happy girl or what!?!

I am so happy with how the shawl turned out.  I'm happy that I very much enjoyed knitting it.  I'm happy that it's beautiful.  I'm happy that I didn't fret over every single tiny little mistake.  I'm happy how those tiny little mistakes don't show up too much (or I'm blind, but I really think they're "blended in").  I'm happy that the shawl looks pretty on me.  I'm happy that I've made something that I never would have made before and that I love it.  I'm happy that the shawl is finished before the wedding we're going to on Saturday.  I'm happy that I get to wear the shawl to an "event" (I go to so few events...).

I'd say I'm happy.
..........
Clearly last night I didn't knit on the shawl as I'd blocked it and it was drying.  I knitted on my second Ravellenics project, a pair of socks.  This sock, to be exact.  I put it aside in mid-February and haven't looked at it since.

Just let me tell you how bad an idea that is.  Why? 
  • I couldn't figure out where in the pattern I was even though I had my notecards clearly marked.
  • I still don't know where my "real" beginning of round is...I just made the executive decision to go with one side as the beginning and am moving on from there.
  • I was rather a tight knitter back in February.  It's been several rows and I'm still fighting with my tension.  It's loosening up a tad, but I do hope the socks have enough elasticity to go on someone's foot if they're too big for mine.
  • Somewhere along the way in the shuffle from one bag to another, travel across the world and to the beach the needles got all out of whack and I ended up dropping a stitch.
  • I love these socks.  The purple is so profound that it really deserved my attention, but I let myself get distracted by several other projects in the meantime.
I'll have a picture of it up tomorrow.  But in the meantime, know that I'll enjoy watching swimming and women's gymnastics tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment