Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jet Lag

I've actually been doing very well in regards to jet lag...until yesterday, that is.  Don't get me wrong, staying up past 7 on both Sunday and Monday was hard...but yesterday, 2:30 came and I was about to fall asleep on the table during the middle of a meeting.  It was very embarrassing and made me wish I had some knitting or something to keep my brain and hands occupied so that my head didn't loll around like a bobble doll.

Then after getting home and eating dinner, things improved somewhat.  I started working with the mountain of bills and mail that we'd gotten while we were gone (amazing what can happen in one week) and I seemed able to function properly and (hopefully!) not make mistakes.  I didn't get crabby until towards the very end (and that's saying something because I HATE doing bills)...

...and then I finished, and I was so happy.  It was 8:30,  and I'd stayed up past 7 without too much difficulty.  I had a small bowl of ice cream, sat down on the couch, and promptly fell asleep while David was talking to me.  I quickly snapped awake (don't even know if he noticed) and went straight to bed.

Good news is that I slept until the alarm went off this morning, so hopefully I'm getting pretty close to regulated.  Coming home for me is always harder than going, doesn't matter the direction I went!

But all that work and bills and need for sleep means that I didn't get any knitting done yesterday.  My hands were aching to make something and I didn't get to satisfy them.  It was very challenging and disappointing and all the other stuff that goes along with not being able to do the things you need to do.  My studio is in desperate need of attention, I'm dying to work on the woven jacket I started a month ago...this weekend is going to have to stretch the time so that I can get all the stuff done that I need to get done!
Today's picture is of my funny Bee-Weave bee.  He sits on my bookshelf and I pass by him every day and he makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment