Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Last Night, Tonight, and Tomorrow!

I'm so excited about the quilt bee...it's just a day away from when I'll be leaving.  Long drives, but I get to knit on my cool new baby project, so that's ok.  Hopefully it'll be light long enough for me to get a good bit of the road behind me.  I don't like riding in the car with nothing to do...

Last night I didn't get much knitting.  I did get the gusset stitches picked up and start knitting the descreases.  Somehow I ended up with 2 extra stitches on each side, so either I counted my rows wrong (possible) or picked up the same stitch twice (also possible).  Either way, it was the same on both sides, so I posited that it'll work out in the end.  Guess we'll see.

But I didn't get to do much knitting because I had to pay bills last night.  That's always a drawn out process at the beginning of the month and even more so because I decided that last week I didn't need to do the bills since nothing was due right away...one must "pay" for procrastination! ha!

And normally I do bills on Tuesday, but I had to do them last night because tonight... I PACK!!!

So very excited.  Trying to figure out what I need to bring clothes-wise.  All the other stuff is packed...and we do spent a good bit of our time lounging around, but there's shopping, and dinner out...and of course I have to bring knitting to do when I'm sitting around with nothing to occupy my hands...and for the car ride there and back (I think the one project I've started will be finished by the time we get there...)

And tomorrow...David and Alyssa will pick me up around 4 and we'll hit the road.  I'm hoping we're in Houston by midnight.  We'll spend the night and on Thursday it's Wimberley bound!  Keep those quilt bee clouds a puffing!  It's going to be a rocking good time!

Today's picture is of a proud Alyssa taken (with the quilt underneath her, but I've cropped that out!) after she finished the bee quilt!  I cannot wait to see her glow when she unveils it to the family on Thursday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment