I'm about to head out on my next big adventure. Cross country drive to Texas to see my family as well as to pick up some things that I left at Mom's last summer. I'm driving out with the girls and back with a childhood friend. So different than my experience last year which was just me.
Me and only me.
My life has gotten to be one big friendly adventure lately. Friends at work. Friends to hang out with. A "getting out there" friend who keeps me busy most nights and weekends. Friends to text. Friends to talk to on the phone.
I feel bad for neglecting my virtual friends. I love you guys...you've been with me through thick and thin this year and rooted me on and held me up and all the other stuff that I've needed this year.
The things I want to tell you but just haven't had time:
1. St. Petersburg was truly an amazing city. In so many ways. It was beautiful, the people were friendly and so warm, the weather was gorgeous, the history was shocking and educational...and so so much more. The blog post I want to write next about SP was how colorful it was. One day I'll get it out.
2. I thought I was happy before I started dating. And truthfully I was happy. But I'm so much more happy...I didn't think it was possible. Life is indeed good.
3. The ups and downs of recovery have been real...and sometimes real hard. This week I had a therapy session that was "intense." Things were said and admitted that needed to be said and admitted, but it left me washed up. Drained. And off kilter. Yesterday was a rough day, but I had a good cry and I felt better and today was an awesome day.
4. I've been at JBW for almost a year now and I still love my job and the people that I work with and the customers and all the other things that go along with working in a large on-line retail yarn store. I love being the inventory goddess...and I love being in a job where I can laugh and tease and thoroughly enjoy myself every day. it's truly a gift and a blessing. I know this because I have lived the opposite of that and to love your work is something spectacular.
5. I'm not knitting or crocheting like I want to be...something's going to have to give, but choosing what to give is so very very hard :)
And finally the thing that I'm going to tell you about my next adventure. On Sunday the girls and I are driving to Las Vegas and then the next day we're going to the Grand Canyon and then the next day we're going to Sedona and then the next day we're driving to Amarillo and the next day we're going to go see the Palo Duro Canyon and drive to my mother's. We're going to stay there a couple of days and hopefully spend some time with my brothers and my mother. I want to go through the things I left with her and load up my car to bring the things home...mail out what can be mailed. Send stuff to the girls.
Then a childhood friend is meeting me and we are driving to Amarillo, Flagstaff and Reno. We'll spend the day in Reno/Tahoe and then she goes home and my real life (which is amazing) starts back up again.
Oh, and one other thing I haven't been able to tell you because I've been so busy getting out there: I've organized the studio. I'm ready to weave again. I have projects lined up (and Kathy since you like bags, keep your eyes peeled!). That's what's happening when my real life resumes in 2 weeks.
For now I'll leave you with a picture of Pearl "hiding" in the paper at the back of the loom.