Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Surreal Land

I'm kind of at a loss of how to start this entry.  When I taught writing, I would tell me students, just start writing, something will come to you.  So I'm starting writing...we'll see where it gets me.

As you know, David and I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for the past 8 months.  Together we've lost just over 200 pounds and we look and feel like different people.  Just look at this picture of Saturday when we got dressed up to celebrate.

The Surreal Land part of this whole adventure was most poignant when I went shopping at Coldwater Creek in Tyler while we were there for Daddy's surgery.  Because I didn't know what size I really am, I picked up two of everything.  I always try on the smaller first just to see.  And man, I was shocked.  Not only was I down another size in pants (14 now!) I was also a size Medium in tops.  Shocking.  Truly amazingly shocking.  Surreal or whatever you want to call it.

I found a lovely black dress similar to the one in the picture but with a v neck and got a size 16.  It was too big, so I asked the attendant to bring one in a 14...they didn't have it but she brought this red one which was similar.  I thought, that one will never fit, but I put it on, looked in the mirror and said, "wow."

I mean seriously, this whole experience has been "wow."  And I once again am having difficulty understanding my SIZE and what clothes will fit me.  My reflection isn't what I expect to see.  

It's definitely surreal.  And awesome.  And I'm extremely happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment