This lovely little purple one was finished over the weekend. Isn't it sweet? The flowers are just perfect, AND it used up every single inch of the yarn. I should have knitted an extra pair of garter rows at the top, but didn't have enough yarn.
Since I finished this one I made one in a stitch called "Bee Stitch" which I loved a lot. Not only is it a really pretty stitch, but the way it looked with the speckled yarn is really cool. Then I made one in purple and white stripes...this one is a mitered square. I decided that while counting to the center stitch to decrease using the K3tog is possible when I cast on 31 stitches, it would be miserable when I cast on 80+ stitches, SO I cast on 40 or so stitches (I don't remember today), put a marker, cast on one more, then put another marker and cast on the equivalent to the first half. Then I knit a garter stitch pair of rows and decreased on each side of the center stitch. It worked perfectly. I cast off when I had 5 stitches left.
I am now making one in purple again (for my hairdresser...he requested purple dish cloths). The patter is called Crocus Buds and I'm doing something wrong, so I'm going to give it a few more rows during lunch today to see if I can get it right, and if not, I'll rip it out and start over with the next pattern in my booklet.
And you know what else is really cool and fun. After I finish one in a color, I get to move on to another color. This is so meeting all my knitting ADD needs these days!