I miss you guys, truly I do. I have so many things to talk about and share...and I don't know how I let time slip away from me.
So, I thought today I'd tell you what I'm doing instead of blogging.
- knitting and lots of it--I have to get ready for my trip and that means planning all the trip knitting!
- thinking about my trip
- going out with friends
- cooking food and cleaning my kitchen
- shopping for my trip
- looking for a new apartment
- thinking of new and exciting and awesome things to do at work (have I mentioned lately how happy I am to be working in a place that encourages and praises creative endeavors)
- thinking--about a lot of things but mostly about how happy I am that I've made a life for myself
- wondering--about a lot of things but mostly about how blind I was to how unhappy I was
- taking stock--of all the things around me: life, friends, hobbies, clothes, beautiful scenery
- watching murder mysteries while knitting (oh, I mentioned knitting already didn't I???)
I've been a bit pensive and anxious too. I'm starting to take risks...put myself out there, so to speak...but my creativity is sparking back. I'm coming up with fun things to do--at work and at home. I'm looking at life from my creative lens and I'm really getting excited about what can happen and what I can do...and it's fun and scary at the same time.
...And I realized on the way to work yesterday that one thing that I've been holding back from --dating--ain't going to be easy no matter how "ready" I think I am or am not. It's one of those things that I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do at some point....
But not just yet. I'm not quite ready. I want to but I'm not up for the risk. I'm interested but I'm also scared. I also realize that I've bitten that bullet a bunch of times over the past few months and am honestly ready for a break. I want to coast for a little while. No pressure (from within or without), living without fear, being happy.
I can deal with that.
Today's picture is of Zora in her new bed. The place where I'm boarding the kitties while I'm on my trip encourages you to bring a bed, so I got one for them today. She took right to it...in fact I may never see her out of it except when food is proffered.