Thursday, August 15, 2013

Noro Block Madness!

I'm plugging away on my Stained Glass afghan...not as quickly as I'd like or think I could but still making progress.  I try to knit on it each night as my last knitting before going to bed.  That mindless garter stitch knitting that slows the brain down and prepares the body for sleeping.

Last night I was so excited because I was going to finish Block 13 before going to bed.  I have only one more "log" to complete, and, to be honest, I wasn't feeling sleepy or tired at all.  David was going to bed early, so I was going to spend my time between 9 and 9:30 (or so) finishing up this block, taking its picture, winding the new ball of yarn in preparation for happy knitting and then getting after it!

But here's what happened instead.  I sat down to knit and my eyes started itching. I was taking long blinks.  And before I had one row completed I was almost falling asleep.

So, sadly I didn't finish Block 13, but I do have pics of Blocks 8-12 for your viewing pleasure.  They are, from top to bottom:  Thornton Family Eyes, November, Texas Sunset, Lizzie Rhea, and Sangria.




No comments:

Post a Comment