(I wrote this yesterday and was never able to get back to it...guess I fell out of the saddle!)
I've been knitting a lot, though, and have finished a giant pair of man-socks (see pic below). They are really quite lovely, thick and warm. I hope they're not too big, but I say that about every pair of man-socks I make. Men have big feet, btw!
While this cold didn't really knock me out, I did feel crummy for a few days. I couldn't think straight and just wasn't all "there" if you know what I mean. I feel like I'm slowly getting back to myself, but in the meantime:
- I've been craving coke--not giving in, it's been almost 2 years and I'd hate to undo all that patience and perseverance because I'm needing a sugar and caffeine fix.
- I've been dying to drink coffee. Considering how much it hurt my tummy the last few times I drank it, I've refrained (plus I didn't have the energy to go to the store and buy any!).
- I've been eating a lot of chocolate. For several days it's all I could taste.
- I've been knitting quite a bit (as I said).
- I've been dying to get back in my car and listen to my book on tape (definitely making the commute go by faster and easier).
- But mostly, I've been wanting to feel better. I think today I'm close.