Monday, April 30, 2012

A New Week

A new week beckons, and I'm trying to give it the energy and justice that it deserves, but what I'd like to be doing is replaying yesterday--better than I played it yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I had a very good weekend, just yesterday wasn't quite what I'd hoped it would/could be.  I had a nearly perfect Saturday.  I wove lots on the banana splits and finished the sleeve to my sweater.  I enjoyed some fun time with David and overall had a very good day.

But yesterday I woke up feeling kind of crummy (thankfully that didn't turn into anything big).  I was just "off" all day...I did finish the banana splits (LOVE them!...wish I could keep them...) and knitted a tiny bit, but mostly what I did was bake.  Some cookies (for the girls) and cupcakes (to try as a quilt bee potential dessert).  And wash clothes.  Can't forget the 100 loads of laundry I did yesterday.

And I think all of that left me wanting just a little more weekend, but Monday beckons, so I have to make the most of it...I'm going to try.  My mantra this week is to do the best with the things I can control and let the rest just slip on by.

Things I hope to accomplish this week:

  • climb the stairs at work a couple of times per day
  • walk every evening (gotta get ready for those alpine hikes)
  • weave daily
  • knit daily
  • RELAX


Today's picture is of Pearl playing hide-and-go-seek with me yesterday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment